Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick - Touch Of Spice | First Impressions

Monday, September 19, 2016

A couple of weeks ago I made an online order from Amazon which was for a Maybelline Matte Lipstick. I have had my eye on this shade for quite a while but unfortunately this shade is unavailable in the UK. 

Maybelline don’t seem to have as many colours available in the UK as they do in the US for the Matte Range.

The colour that I was after and had seen many reviews on is the shade Touch of Spice. This is a gorgeous rosy mauve shade which is perfect for everyday wear.

I was looking forward to ordering this because I hadn’t treated myself to makeup in a while and it was my first ever Maybelline Matte lipstick so it was exciting of course! The price I got this for was about £7/£8 including postage which is great considering it did come from the US and Maybelline lipsticks retail around that price anyway so I found my self quite a good deal I would say! The lipstick arrived within two weeks or so which I was very impressed by.

Obviously before purchasing the lipstick, I did look at swatches and reviews from other bloggers. All of the ones I did read had positive reviews on them. I also saw that quite a few people had mentioned that it is a dupe for MAC Twig. I personally don’t own that shade (which unfortunately means I can’t swatch it for you side by side)  but it is a colour that I have wanted to purchase from MAC for quite a while but now that I have got my Maybelline one I guess I have the dupe :D
As you can imagine, I was super excited to try this out when it arrived because.. I mean who doesn't love trying out new makeup! I haven’t had it for long at all so I can’t give you a proper review but so far I love the simple packaging of the product, the texture of this is creamy so it definitely lives up to its name. It glides on really nicely without any dragging and the pigmentation/colour pay off is amazing <3

 Since I've got it I've been wearing this shade literally everyday! I like to wear it with the Rimmel lipliner in 'Spice' but pretty much looks similar when worn alone too.

I will do a swatch of the lipstick and show you a picture of when it is applied on my lips so you can see the colour against my skin. 




Have any of you lovelies tried any lipsticks from the Maybelline Creamy Matte collection? Which is your favourite shade? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.


Fatima
xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe