First Impressions | Sleek Matte Me/Metallic Must Haves (Christmas Collection)

Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Christmas is just over a month away and all the shops are officially full of the festive spirits. Everywhere you go, there are a ton of Christmas gifts to shop from. Christmas is my fave time of the year, purely for the exclusive Christmas gift sets that many brands come out with. Not only do they have some great deals but they have the most cutest packaging to go with it (which makes it even more tempting to buy). 

As you've probably figured, today’s post is all about the lipstick sets I recently purchased from Boots. They are the Sleek Matte Me Collection set & the Matte Me Metallic Must Haves. I picked this up from the 3 for 2 selection of Christmas gifts. So if you do need to get a secret Santa gift for a friend or colleague or whether you just want a treat for yourself, check out the huge selection of items in this offer.

W
hen I saw these online, I had to get both sets. Although I'm not in to metallic lipsticks much I thought I'd give it a try. I have tried a few other products from this brand previously and have really enjoyed using them. I've also heard quite a few good things about the Sleek Lipsticks in general.
This post is just my first impressions/opinions. I've not actually tried out all the colours as of yet but I have tried a few over the past week or so and today I’m here to share my thoughts.

The first set of lipsticks are all of a matte finish. There is 4 different shades in this collection; Old HollywoodVelvet Slipper, Rioja Red and Birthday Suit. The Second set has also got 4 shades; Vino Tinto, Shabby Chic, Volcanic and Rusted Rose.
Left Side - Matte Me Collection (Set 1) Right Side - Metallic Must Haves (Set 2)

First Impressions
I love how there is a good variety of colours between the packs so you really get the chance to explore and try out new colours. They come in the standard doe foot applicator and each lipstick contains 3ml of product. 

When it came to application, it was easy to apply on. The consistency is quite thin so it does dry quick. I found that it did need to be reapplied throughout the day which usually isn’t a problem for me as I do touch up my lipstick anyway.As far as the actual lipstick, I must say that I was initially quiet disappointed. The first few times I tried some of the colours, I did find them to be very drying on my lips causing my lips to become flaky, chapped and cracked! I couldn't stand keeping it on for more than three hours because it had dried out my lips that bad. I literally had to remove it and soak my lips in some heavy duty lip balm! 

Despite my experience with these, I still decided to give them another shot and carried on using them. I figured that I probably needed to use a different technique and make sure that my lips were EXTRA moisturised as these lipsticks seemed to dry in to a super matte finish. I made sure that I had put lip balm on before hand and just before application I put some Vaseline on and then applied the lipstick over the top. 

By doing this, It meant the lipstick wasn't as matte but it still dried in to a nice finish. I have found that this has worked so much better and I am now beginning to enjoy this product a lot more.

Positives



As you can see from the swatches above, they have such a beautiful selection of colours. They are a great value for money and if you have been wanting to try these out then you can't go wrong with £6. As these are mini's, its great because it makes them very travel friendly. Oh & they would make a great stocking filler too.  Also, If you’re someone who likes a matte finish lipstick and wants to expand on your collection then these are a great buy but personally, I would say there are other better drugstore lip products out there that you could probably buy.

At this moment in time, I wouldn’t repurchase this product in the full size tube only because I still haven't had the chance to develop my full thoughts on the lipsticks. Having said that,  I am slowly beginning to like this product but will continue using it and trying it out in different ways to see what works best for me.

Have you tried out any of the Matte Me collection? 
If so, How did you find them? Did they work for you? Leave me a comment down below and let me know :D


Fatimaxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe