Travel Diaries | Barbados #1

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hey, What's up guys. As you may or may not know, I recently went on holiday to Barbados. I decided to make a mini travel diary of my time there as I recorded a couple of the days of what I did during my stay. Below I highlight some of the things I did there so I have something to look back at and for those interested in what I got up too - this one's for you! 

This will probably be split in two or three parts because it will be too long if I was to do it as one.

27/11/16
Off to the beautiful island of Barbados today <3 Super excited!!!
 I am currently on a 9 hour flight over the Atlantic Ocean and sipping away on some hot chocolate that I picked up from the airport. (Kind of gone a bit cold now though)
There’s one stop and then another 45 min-1 hour, so a 10 hour flight all together! So far it’s not going too bad, there’s some empty seats near me and my sister which means we get extra space to stretch or lie down which is a bonus right?!

If you don’t know where or what Barbados is, it is basically a small island which is located in the Caribbean.

(Hours Later) 
Landing Soon....!
Arriving in Barbados was amazing - it's unbelievably crazy how friendly and kind everyone is over here and as a tourist that's always nice to see. Oh and care to mention the weather... So much better than the UK.

28/11/16
Went down to the beach this morning. It was so much fun! Haven't been to the beach for a dip in the water for years so thoroughly enjoyed myself. Just look at how clear and blue the water is. The views on this island are absolutely stunning <3
 Once we got back home, went for a shower to got nice & fresh again! Getting ready soon to go over to eat at my aunties and then heading for dessert in the evening.

After dessert we went board walking (which is like taking a walk by the beach in the night) 
It was so calm and relaxing <3

I've already started getting mosquito bites and they are ridiculously red and are itching me like crazy! Totally forgot to buy insect repellent before coming here! :'(

29/11/16
It's pouring it down here with rain! Kinda' reminds me of the UK but just not as cold. Was indoors almost the whole day. Was so much rain that there was some areas which were actually flooded! Crazy to think that much rain could fall somewhere where it’s always so hot right?! Glad it rained though because it’s slightly cooler now but hoping the sun comes back tomorrow or looks like it's going to be another day in doors. 

Also, the 50th independence day anniversary of Barbados may be delayed because of the heavy rain. Rihanna and Prince Harry will be visiting too- imagine seeing them!! :O

Didn't get a chance to go out to get some insect repellent either so just been another day of me itching. Put some powder on but don't think it helped much. Honestly I hate my feet being on display and open right now because they look so bad with all those bites but don’t really fancy wearing socks in this heat!  

Fatima
xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe