Review | Saints Of Mokha

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

So my bestie and I popped in to Saints of Mokha over a week ago now as I really wanted to try it out. I've seen so many people post pictures on insta especially of their coloured coffee so finally stopped by at this place! (I can now join the bandwagon and upload some insta worthy pictures haha) 

 The place itself is a quite small but I like it that way. It has a wooden rustic vibe to it with the colours and decor. I love how they have frames and cool quotes up around the shop as well. For me personally I love seeing quotes and stuff around - it just adds a little something to the shop.
 
I was sort of hungry so I decided to go all out and brought a chicken tikka panini with salad on the side. Alongside it I got a hot chocolate and a Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake. My friend brought a flat white with a slice of oreo cake.
When everything had arrived, I probably spent a good couple of minutes changing the setup of it and taking pictures. My bestie literally sat there waiting for me to take piks - I mean I wanted to take the best shots possible but had to be quick because I didn't want the drinks to get cold & on top of that she let me use her camera because her phone camera is way better than mines.
 She always makes sure there's some battery left for me to take pictures because I love photography and of course who doesn't want a nice picture of hot drinks and desserts! (Shout out to yah Zainab ‘kuz I know you be reading this!)  

Speaking of battery life, they also have sockets there so you can charge your phone. I love it when I see plug sockets in a shop because if you're like me and end up rinsing your battery life then any shop with plug sockets are a life saver! Also if you're there doing some work on your laptop then sockets will come in handy when it comes to charging your laptop.

Back to the food and hot drinks.. 
Starting off with the mains, The chicken tikka panini was yummy and with the salad on the side it tasted even better <3


The hot chocolate was deee-licious as was the cakes. I definitely had an overdose of chocolate but hey sometimes it’s okay and after all chocolate does help to boost your serotonin levels which means you will be happier :D so all in all there's some good that came out of it :P The hot chcolate was decorated with marshmallows and cream on top. Love a good cuppa' hot chocolate!

When it came to the cakes, we both shared them and had some of each others. (I say we had some of each others but my bestie isn’t a big fan of so much chocolate so she didn’t taste mine!) 
 
I LOVED the Oreo cake <3 The cake was so soft and fluffy! It was actually pretty light as well and not so heavy which I liked. It tasted absolutely amazing <3 It was covered in a layer of Oreo icing with an Oreo at the end. I'm not good when it comes to describing so you can see how it looks in the pictures. if any of you go in to this place next time defo try out there Oreo cake if it is  available - you will love it!

The Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake is obviously much heavier. I like the actual chocolate bar but haven't had it in ages! This tasted so damn good too and I could definitely taste that Terry’s chocolate orange- Yumm! 

My friend didn't even eat any of this so basically I munched away on half of it and ended up taking the rest home - I wasn't going to leave something that tasted so good behind! :P

Overall, I would say this place is definitely worth the hype! I thoroughly enjoyed everything that I had and will be popping in to there sometime soon hopefully when I get the chance. The service was great and everything arrived very quickly. The owners there were also very friendly.

If you haven't already tried this place and you're around the area then pop in and go try something.. Maybe a hot drink or a coffee? Afterall, that’s what they are known for best!
Go follow and check out there Insta page whilst you're at it @saintsofmokha 


All reviews are my own honest thoughts and opinions on this place.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe