Travel Diary | Barbados #3

Saturday, December 31, 2016

5/12/16
Today was full of water sports. Woke up early but took my time with breakfast and then getting ready because had to wait for my cousin. We managed to get two water activities done and spend some time on the beach before heading back home. First activity was Snorkelling & OHMYYYGOSHHHHHH, What an experience! 
Firstly, I can't swim and secondly I hate deep water but I decided that I would go out of my comfort zone and do something a little spontaneous! I was excited to go down the slide from the boat because all my cousins did and it looked pretty fun. (My sister warned me beforehand not to do it but obviously I just wanted to go down that slide & bring out that inner kid in me) Then came my turn... Oh boy, the slide was great but landing in the water didn't go down as I expected!

As soon as I landed in water for the first few seconds I couldn’t see nothing but water. I thought I was going to drown or something but obviously after a couple of seconds I came up - I immediately knew I wasn’t going to like this. The man on the boat then told me my life jacket wasn't tight enough so that's why it took longer for me to float back on top. I went back on the boat and the man securely tightened it for me. After that I didn’t even bother going down the slide, I just went down the steps and basically was scared the whole way through! My sister was just laughing at me because not only did I not take her 'advice' but she found it hilarious! 

I did look down in to the water though to see the fishes and sea turtles which was actually quite nice, but not going to lie I was legit 'pee'ing my pants' (not literally LOL - Just a term that goes well in this case!)  the whole way through because I was just so afraid of the deep water and had a fear of drowning (Even though I had a life jacket on). My dad helped me out in the water and was trying to get me away from the boat but I didn’t end up very far LOL! My cousin and my sister also helped me so you can just imagine how scared I was at this moment. But overall it was one crazy (& very funny) experience. I mean it was my first time and I did pretty well for someone who is afraid of deep water. I would do this again next time if I got the chance but maybe just take some swimming lessons beforehand so I feel a tad’ more confident.

The second activity that we did was called the Mable. This one was enjoyable and full of laughter. 
It is a very bumpy ride so you gotta' hold on tight or else you will literally just bounce and fall in to the water! It's basically like an inflatable seat thing which is attached to a speed boat and as the boat forms and creates waves from behind, it makes the mable go in all directions. With the speed it goes at which is very fast you're likely to bounce up and down loads! Doesn't sound that great when described but it's one of them ones you have to sit on and experience.
It honestly was so much fun - Just look at the picture! :D

6/12/16
Today my cousin paid for us to go stay overnight at a hotel seeing as it was our second last night. We had a really nice room with a great view of the beach. So photogenic – I was absolutely loving it! The area we were in was nice because there were many people around so it was always full of energy. The hotel had a mini swimming pool as well which we went too. The day went pretty quick. Got to the hotel at 1pm and time after that just flew by!

When the sun was setting we went out to take pictures by the sunset because the view from the beach looked breath taking! I'm absolutely in love with nature's beauty - Subhan'Allah! 



In the evening, we went out for ice cream at the Chefette which is a very well-known restaurant which also sells ice creams and desserts.
They also have a little playground area which is the best thing ever!! It has so many slides and it’s just so much fun! OMG haven’t enjoyed a good slide in years! 
After we got back, me, my sister and younger cousin decided to go for a walk because in the evenings it’s LITT! It’s a very touristy area and there are stalls and places around for tourists to go to. They have music playing too and little fairy lights around so the vibes and atmosphere was SIKKKKK <3 Me and my cousin were having so much fun – as was my sister of course!

7/12/16
Had breakfast here this morning - I mean sounds pretty standard but just look at the view from the balcony! Perfect way to start the morning! <3
Last night here :’( Don’t want to leave this place just yet! Honestly been loving it so much here. My Aunties are so lovely and took so much care of me and my sister <3 Gonna’ miss them all lots. Went to the beach again today which was nice – managed to get a good dose of vitamin D before heading back to the cold weather. Later spent the day visiting relatives and stuff seeing as it was pretty much our last day.

In the evening went out to bowling with the fam. There was probably 10 of us but only about 7 playing. My cousin wouldn’t get the barriers put up ‘kuz he was doing well! At this point I knew I was going to lose anyway because barriers make SO much difference.
However, to my surprise as the game went on I did pretty well and I came second!
*WoopWoopp*
#proudofmyself



As you can tell, I only recorded and wrote down some days. I went out and did something every single day I was there apart from one day! (because it rained like crazy and there was flooding in some areas!) Also went out every evening too. I also had lots of dawats (invitations) at relative’s houses on most days as well. I absolutely was having the time of my life there. 
Living life on the Island was so fun and visiting the beach almost every morning was awesome. Going for a quick dip and enjoying the sun – honestly made me so happy. I also tried to teach myself to swim and I kind of learnt how to! TBH, I wouldn’t even call it swimming but just to keep myself happy I’m going to say I half accomplished the goal I set when I got there: D

Honestly, if it wasn't for one of my cousins I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much! Shout out to him because he's the real G - even though he was so busy he made time out for me and my sister. Not only that, he made sure that I was enjoying my self, took me to tons of places and on top always paid for everything! (If you're reading this one kuzzy, thanks for taking care of us!) 

Anyhoo, Before I end it, below are just a bunch of other random pictures – things or days which weren’t included but just some snapshots I had to share!






Hope you enjoyed reading a snippet of my Travel Diary. Feel free to leave me a comment below because I would love your feedback.
Lots of love
Fatima
xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe