Jagua Henna| My Experience

Sunday, March 12, 2017

A while back, I uploaded a picture of my Jagua henna on Instagram. Many people both on social media and in real life wanted to know more about it and really liked it so I’ve finally got round to doing a post on it.  

So my sister was looking for someone who does Jagua henna locally and since we discovered that there was actually a few people nearby we both got a bit carried away and have now had henna done 2/3 times (which by the way works out expensive if you keep doing it) but I absolutely love the finish tattooed look of it.

I am going to share with you 2 different henna artist that I went to and my thoughts on them both. Before I get in to it let me tell you a bit about Jagua Henna.


About Jagua Henna
Before I begin I just want to mention that Black henna and Jagua henna are NOT the same thing. They are both very different from each other and I will explain how. 

Jagua is a gel which is a natural from of skin decoration. It is made from the extracts of the actual Jagua fruit which is found in Central and South America. It has also been known to be used for medicinal purposes as well. Jagua gel is 100% natural and does not contain any other ingredients that are harmful to the skin. 

Black henna on the other hand contains many harmful chemicals which can cause irritation to the skin. I have read and seen pictures many times whereby someone has used black henna and have had severe reactions. This is why it is best to stay away from black henna as it can cause many problems to the skin. 

Now the Jagua consistency itself is different from normal henna. It’s more like a gel which means it makes it harder to apply. You also have to be much more careful with jagua because if you make a mistake then it gets stained pretty much straight away and will ruin the whole design. So it’s one that you definitely need to be careful with.

Henna Artists
So the first time I ever got my Jagua done was by this lovely lady who goes by the name of 'Mehnainarts' on Instagram. I hadn’t heard of her before this but her work looked incredible! She mainly does bridal bookings but recently started doing Jagua too.

When I met her, she was super kind. She made me and my sister feel welcome and soon enough we were chatting away and time just flew by. She has pure talent and has been doing mehndi for many years now. Although she just started doing Jagua not too long ago she did hell of an amazing job!
 Honestly I have nothing but good things to say about her and I can 100% say that my first Jagua experience was amazing and most importantly I loved the end results of the stain <3
Left side - Gel consistancy when applied.
Right side - Results less than 24 hours later

Here is the design I got done. I wanted something quite simple and I really liked this design that I came across. This was inspired from a very well known Jagua artist called fusionfashionista on Instagram! Mehnainarts did an amazing job at re creating the design and I absolutely loved the stain. I got so many compliments on it too<3


I kept the Jagua on for about 2 hours or so and then took it off. At first, when you remove it, it will look like there is nothing there and the stain is barely visible but just give it some time and within the next 24 hours the colour should change - Mines did! 
The stain lasts anywhere from one week to three weeks. This just depends on which area of the body it has been applied on.  Within 24 hours of applying the stain changed in to this greeny/blue kind of colour which was actually quite nice. I was so impressed at how dark it had come out! <3 It gets even darker over the next 48 hours and literally looks like a real tattoo once you get the full colour <3


The second Henna Artist goes by the name of Safina Adam. She is a beautiful, young lady who we once again came across on Instagram. She was so down to earth and It was lovely getting to know her and just chatting to her. Safina does do normal mehndi as well but as we wanted the Jagua henna the prices do vary.  I was browsing around for the longest time ever to find a design I wanted and I found ton loads online. 

I just couldn’t make my mind as to which one to pick!  In the end, I eventually decided to go with this design. How pretty does it look?! 


 I loved how detailed and intricate it was! I also took some shots of the stain a few hours after I had taken the henna off. I don't know if you can tell very well but the Jagua is still fairly light and the colour was slowly turning in to to a greeny/blue shade.

Less then 24 hours later!

Colour slowly coming through

Just look at how dark it got<3
Below is another design that me and my sister got done by Safina. How stunning does it look <3 
This legit looked like a real tattoo & was inspired from an actual tattoo design. I think she did a spectacular job with this one. I mean just look at the shading and everything. That is some serious talent right there!

Only thing I found with this being on my arm was that it didn't come out as dark as I would have liked it to be. I don't know if that was just the case for me but never the less the design was still beautiful <3

Longevity
I mentioned this earlier but I think this is different for a lot of people because it really just depends how much your hand or the area which you have Jagua on comes in contact with water. ( (I think)
 If I’m completely honest mines didn’t last that long – about a week I would say. (If you’re one who doesn’t like having a mehndi stain for long this would be great for you)
Having said this, my sister that had the jagua stain done at the same time as me but her stain lasted so much longer than mines. I would say hers roughly lasted one and a half weeks maybe?
I don’t know why that is but I guess it’s different on everyone’s skin.


Overall Thoughts





















Overall, I loved both my experiences. Both of these henna artist are super talented and such lovely ladies with great personalities. As you can see from the pictures the Jagua stains came out amazing! 
If you want to try Jagua out or are thinking about it, I would definitely recommend both of these lovely ladies to you guys. I absolutely loved my stain and I got lots of compliments both times. A few people even thought it was an actual tattoo! 

That concludes my review on the Jagua Henna. I do hope you enjoyed reading my experience and review on Jagua henna/tattoo. If you do get it done or have got it done before leave me a comment below and tell me about it or tweet me if you want. I would love to know about it <3


































Lots of love
Fatima xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hey beautiful,
    I hope you are well!
    I love the way you have written this post.I love all of the designs you have shown and I can understand why people may think that it's a tattoo. I'm glad you had such a great experience with the jagua henna. The henna artists are definitely very talented.
    Lots of love,
    Ramsha | Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe