Gerard Cosmetics - Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks | Review

Monday, November 14, 2016

I ordered a bunch of Gerard Cosmetics lipsticks a while back as they were being raved about all over social media and I can certainly give you feedback and say I think that this product was worth the hype! Recently I purchased a few more of their matte lipsticks as they had dropped a few more new colours to the collection. (If you follow me on instagram I uplaoded a picture of the ones I got) Today I will be swatching and giving you a honest review of my personal thoughts on the hydra matte lipsticks

Packaging

So from the start.. The boxing and design of the outer packaging is minimal and very simple with a basic black box, their gold GC logo and all the other important information in white.


 The actual product itself is designed in a sleek transparent frosted tube with a gold top which has their brand printed on there. 

Personally, I love the actual product packaging. There is just something about that frosted finish which I love <3 I feel as though the packaging of these are so appealing and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. So if you're one who likes to keep some of your makeup on display, I think these would really make a great addition on your vanity!

The wand of this product is like any other regular lipstick with a doe-foot applicator which makes it easy to apply on the lips.

Each lipstick has a sticker at the bottom which indicates the shade of the lipstick. 

The 3 colours that I picked up were
- 1995
Cher &
Everything Nice


Below are the swatches of each shade so you can see the colours against my skin.


Review

Overall, I love the selection and range of colours Gerard Cosmetics provides as they have some really unique and gorgeous shades in their collection.

I think the formula of these are great and super pigmented. They do dry rather quickly on the lips and after a minute or two it should dry in to a complete matte finish. For me I find that these can dry out my lips but I mean it is a matte finish after all so before applying any matte liquid lipstick be sure you exfoliate and moisturise your lips very well so that when you do actually apply the liquid lipstick it will prevent your lips from drying or getting any cracks.

The lipstick lasts on the lips for quite a long time. I never actually checked how many hours it’s lasted on me but it’s pretty amazing - even after eating food (including Indian foods which tends to be oily) most of the product is still on my lips. There's only a tiny bit that probably comes off which can easily be reapplied. Usually when I eat, most of the lipstick I'm wearing has pretty much rubbed off by the end so for this one to stay on speaks for itself.

I’m in love with all the shades I picked up. The one that become my fave very quickly was the shade 1995. I’m so glad they made this in to a liquid lipstick. 1995 was originally in a lipstick format and was a very popular lipstick which was inspired from the 90’s. It also became very popular through Kylie Jenner. 1995 is this really gorgeous mauvy-brown colour and I think this one is going to become one I pick up regularly!

The second shade I have is Cher which I actually already had but my sister loves it so I ordered another one to stock up and with it I decided to get the Cher Lip liner too. Cher is a beautiful rosy dusty mauve with a berry undertone. I love this colour and it is definately a colour I recommend you guys to try out as it is one that can be worn daily and also one that would suit many skin tones.

The last and final colour is Everything Nice. (This one did't quite make it in the picture because the lip shape didn't come out right so it didn't look as nice as the other two!) I would say this colour is very similar to 1995. Gerrard Cosmetics describe this colour as pale cofee beige but I would say it is more of lighter cofee brown with a hint of rusty red/orange.

Price
These liquid lipsticks are retailed at a reasonable price, although they have recently increased the prices from £9.50 or £10.50 to £11.50 which is a bit disappointing. However, sometimes you will find that they have a sale or discount codes available so it’s great to order then! I mean who doesn't love a good discount?!

If you're deciding whether you should try this lipstick then I would definately say YES and tell you to take a shot and try it because I think you will be pretty impressed with it :D Gerard Cosmetics can be purchased directly from their website but if you live out of the US you may get custom charges which ends up working out very expensive so I purchased mines from Beauty Bay.

Have you tried any lipsticks from the Hydra Matte range or anything from this brand that you’ve thoroughly loved? If so, then do share them with me in the comments below.

Lots of Love
Fatima
Xox

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe